Original media: Inks, gouache, acrylics, pencils, watercolour, gold leaf and gold thread
Measures 86cm x 86cm (mounted)
Norland Hall was built around the 16th Century. In 1912 it was struck by lightening. In 1922 the numbered stones were bought by William Randolph Hearst and shipped to Califirnia where thery were to be rebuilt as part of Hearst Castle. A change of heart meant that the stones sat in their crates on the quayside in San Simeon, until 1969, when they were used to build a church. Decorative stones from the original hall can be seen today in the wall around the church.